Thursday, June 26, 2008

Matching Has BEGUN!!

Three lovely words, aren't they?  

The news today is that Travel Approvals (TA's) for families who received their referrals on June 9, 2008 have started to arrive.  Typically TA's start to come just before we hear that referrals are arriving.  So.....this could mean we are days or at most weeks away from seeing our sweet little one's face for the first time!  We are very excited and also a bit tense.  Suddenly it is here--what we've been waiting nearly 3 years for -the start of our life as parents!!  Luckily, I have multiple projects going on around the house and it is providing for a great distraction.   Even still,  I am on the RQ site at least 30 times a day!!  (started at 4:30 am today).  

I am also searching for the right DR. to send the baby's medical info off to for review.  This is a standard, recommended practice and we've already met one great lady, Dr. Jane Aronson.  Dr. Jane is as forthright and straight forward with her opinions as we are with ours so it would be a good fit.  I think we will ask her to assist us but there are several others we could consider all over the country. 

We're waiting to put the nursery together but everything is picked out.  Just not sure yet whether we'll need a crib or a toddler bed.  The ages of the sweet little ones have been all over from 6.5 mos to 2 yrs. 2 yrs. is rare but we just won't know til we know.  Plus I like the idea of putting the finishing touches on after hearing the specifics about our baby.  

Below is today's post from RQ - Gotta go now (actually still have a day job)

XOXOX

M. 

TA’s, and Matching

June 26th, 2008
  1. Travel Approvals from the most recent batch of referrals began arriving yesterday.
  2. Two agencies now report that matching has begun.

We heard rumors on the last batch that they were complete about a week before they seem to have been mailed. It appears those rumors, saying they had to wait to be signed, were probably true.

I haven’t seen anything on a possible cut off date yet.

No comments: