Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Where Has The Time Gone?!!










Has it really been nearly 3 months since I  last blogged?  Wow!  We have just been on the most amazing journey getting to know our sweet little one.  She is the most precious gift ever to be received and I still cry just about every day with the joy of it.  We are amazed daily by her.  She is so bright, witty, active and just so wonderful.  To catch you up here's a shot at recapping the last months:

When we came home Willow:
  Had 8 teeth
Weighed 18.7 Lbs (3rd percentile - yikes)
Was about 30" Tall (50th percentile)
Sat Upright 
Said Yee Yah
Loved books 
Ate like there was no tomorrow
Cuddled before naps
Played Peekaboo
Loved looking at the picture book we brought showing Ollie, her room, the garden etc. 

Today Willow...
Has 12! Teeth!!
Weighs more than 25LBs ( hoorahh 75 percentile)
Is about 32" Tall (90TH percentile)
Has been scooting since early October
Is now standing up on her own 
Is walking holding one hand or Cruising the Furniture
Says Mamma, Dadda, Boooo (for what does a cow say) Bahhhhh (for Book), NumMumm(for food) Duuuuk (for Duck and Dog) 
Nods excited when asked "does Mamma love Willow" and 
Raises her arms to the moon when asked the follow up "how much" 
Goes to Baby Yoga and Tumble Jungle once a week and loves to "tap her knees" and 
"says" I Love You in Yoga class
Hugs and Kisses without being asked and when asked
Claps Applause for herself and others
Uses the signs for "More" and "Finished"
Still Devours Books with a Passion
Still Loves looking at pictures and kissing them
Pats and Kisses Ollie
Understands a ton of words and requests like Stand Up Butter Cup, Sit or High Chair etc.
Shakes her head "no" when contemplating doing something she has been told is off limits (ie touching an outlet) 
Loves Riding in the Car and listening to her CD (applauding after every song) 
Loves Peekaboo and Hiding Out or "Going Away" 
Likes to switch lights on and off
Points to Noses, Eyes, Ears and Mouth (hers and yours but mostly yours)
Amazes her Mamma and Dadda every single day and keeps us asking how we are so lucky! 

Hey Everyone - Willow here!! Just thought I'd update you too! 

My typical day is:
7:am Wake Up, Talk in my crib for a while until Mamma comes to get me.  When Mamma gets me we count all the bears on my Dresser then look at my favorite picture of me with my Mamma and Dadda at the beach.  I like to hold it and point everyone out and sometims I even like to kiss it. After that I like to have my Mamma get me Nash and Horsie so I can kiss them. Then I get my diaper changed and go downstairs to see Ollie and have breakfast.  I love Ollie and I kick my legs really fast when I see him.  He wags his tail and kisses my face and, quite frankly, I am not sure how I feel about that.  

8:am After Breakfast I like to just hang out a bit in front of the fire and play with my toys.  Right now I am really into my Brightlings and Blocks and I love putting things in this cool bag I have with a ducky on it.
 
9:am Around this time I usually like a little privacy so I can collect my thoughts and get ready for whatever morning activity Mamma has in store for me. Sometimes its Yoga and sometimes it is tumbling.  They're both pretty cool, I have some friends at both places.

10:30 - Mamma and I cuddle in my chair with some Milk and catch some zs
1:pm- Lunch (I eat pretty much anything and I tell my Mamma when I am full)
2:pm Playdates, Shopping, etc.  
4:pm - More cuddling and Milk
7:pm Dadda comes home and we have dinner.  Afterword I play with him and read him books so he can wind down and get ready for Naked Nudie Time!!
8:30 Naked Nudie Time! - (aka Dadda gives me a bath)
9:15 Cuddle in my chair with Dadda and make plans for the next day -It's a pretty good life.  

My Favorite Books are:
Good Dog Carl, The Big Red Barn, Each Peach Pear Plum, Brown, Bear Brown Bear and Harry 

My Favorite Tunes are:
Bringin' home a baby bumble bee, I love the Mountains, Hickory Dickory Dock, Skidamarinka dink

That's all from me now.  I hope you are all enjoying this very magical holiday season!! 

3 comments:

winterguardrocks said...

OMG! WILLOW IS SOO CUTE! AND SHE HAS GOTTEN SOO BIG!! I can't believe it! She has the cutest smile! :D
-Paige

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Kelly and I just break out in a smile by just the mention of her name. I hope your enjoying your first Christmas together. Kisses to everyone.

Patti

Paige :) said...

OMG! WILLOW IS SOO CUTE! AND SHE HAS GOTTEN SOO BIG!! I can't believe it! She has the cutest smile! :D
-Paige T.