Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Gotcha Day" Anniversary -7 Months Ago Today Our Lives Were Changed Forever By Our Little Miracle











My Amazing Happiness - That's what I call her sometimes when my heart is just bursting. This still happens more often than I would have ever imagined - and no, I am not going to tell you how many X/day or week I weep at the sheer joy of it. It has been a while since I've posted and I really, really am going to get better at this I hope. I still take tons of pictures which hopefully will do a decent job of capturing our story but I still feel a huge need to get more of our daily life down on paper. I so want our wonderful little girl to know just how much joy she has brought to our family. So for now I will attach some photos and a brief summary of what's new.

When I last wrote in December 2008 I said that Willow.....

Has 12! Teeth --- She Now has 16!!!
Weighs more than 25LBs ( hoorahh 75 percentile) ----- Now Weighs 27 Lbs and is still in the 75 Percentile
Was about 32" Tall (90TH percentile) -----Now is Is 33.5" Tall and in the 80 Pecentile
Has been scooting since early October ----- Took 7-8 Purposeful Steps on December 17, 2008
Is now standing up on her own ------- Dances to any Music and Tries Hard to Hop Up and Down Like a Bunny/Frog!!
Is walking holding one hand or Cruising the Furniture ----- Yeah - She's No Longer Cruising She is Now Running!!


Says Mamma, Dadda, Boooo (for what does a cow say) Bahhhhh (for Book), NumMumm(for food) Duuuuk (for Duck and Dog)
Nods excited when asked "does Mamma love Willow" and Raises her arms to the moon when asked the follow up "how much"
Goes to Baby Yoga and Tumble Jungle once a week and loves to "tap her knees" and "says" I Love You in Yoga class Hugs and Kisses without being asked and when asked
--- Oh, Those Kisses !!! She is So Affectionate. She Gives Really Nice Hugs Too.
Claps Applause for herself and others
Uses the signs for "More" and "Finished" ---- Now Signs "Please" and "Book"
Still Devours Books with a Passion ---- YUP Can't Get Enough
Still Loves looking at pictures and kissing them --- No Change there -- Kisses her reflection in the windows at night too!!
Pats and Kisses Ollie ---- Now Big Into Tickling Ollie
Understands a ton of words and requests like Stand Up Butter Cup, Sit or High Chair etc. --- There's Virtually Nothing She Doesn't Understand Now -- Very Scary - Have To Watch Every Word.

Shakes her head "no" when contemplating doing something she has been told is off limits (ie touching an outlet) -- For The Past Few Months She Wags Her Finger Instead of Shaking Head, Very, Very, Cute

Loves Riding in the Car and listening to her CD (applauding after every song) --UMMM - Still Listening -Actually Wore Out Said CD and Had To Buy a New ONE!!

Loves Peekaboo and Hiding Out or "Going Away" Likes to switch lights on and off --Still loves Hide and Seek
Points to Noses, Eyes, Ears and Mouth (hers and yours but mostly yours) ----Knows ALL Her Body Parts Now
Amazes her Mamma and Dadda every single day and keeps us asking how we are so lucky! ----No Change HERE!!


I must mention though one of the cutest things she does. This started a few months ago but she seems to do it more and more frequently. Usually at Dinner, although she may do it at Lunch if we're all together, Willow will reach for each of our hands and then hold them up "celebration style" and giggle like crazy. This usually leads to us giggling too and then before you know it we're hooting and hollering like a bunch of nuts. Sometimes she tries to bring our hands together in front of her so that everyone is touching. It is very, very sweet and we love it even if we do create a scene when dining out - we will never turn away those sweet little mushy hands!!

Oh, one other thing that I will probably regret documenting, but again, it was just so darn cute AND thoughtful. Yesterday, I thought I'd use the powder room by myself - this never happens but she was pretty engaged with her toys so I told her I was going to go to the potty and be right back. Of course, I left the door ajar and after about 1 minute I heard the pitter patter of those tiny feet coming across the kitchen floor. She appeared in the doorway with two books. She quickly handed one to me and then sat down on the floor of the bathroom with hers and proceeded to read. I laughed out loud!!! She is a thoughtful little one!!

I hope you are all doing well and thanks for checking in....

XO,
M.

No comments: