Friday, October 9, 2009

Growing Up Way Too FAST!!

So our little baby girl is starting to sound so much more like a girl and (sniff, sniff) a lot less like a baby!! Yesterday she awoke with her mind on breakfast and when I walked into her room she said a very enthusiastic Hi!! It was so clear and did not have a hint of Baby! I said Hi Back and then she stood up and said Egg!! Again, very clearly and with lots of enthusiasm. Before I could respond she added "Pancake....Nana". OK, not complete sentences but her tone and her pronunciation we're so spot on my jaw dropped. She has also taken quite a liking to the term "Cool" and she drags it out to 2 or 3 syllables most of the time and she uses it appropriately like when we arrive at school or find a caterpillar in the yard or most recently when watching Grandma open up her birthday gifts.

Tonight, we had a bit of trouble at the dinner table involving bubble making and a drinking glass. When reminded that this was not what we do - there was, let's say, some resistance. This led to Me turning my little Munchkin's high chair around and letting her know that she could rejoin dinner when she was ready to behave nicely. Within about 1 second of me finishing this statement I heard the sweetest sounding "MahhhhMahhhhhh" emitting from behind the chair - R. just about sprayed Pepsi from his nose. She is dangerous this one!!

No comments: