Monday, October 5, 2009

Yes! NO! Yes, Yes, NO! & More Fun With a 2 Year Old!!


Presenting "Twinkle, Twinkle" Willow Style




Baking Get Well Cookies for Papa!!


Well, It has been a really long time since I caught up on posting. We had two nice summer vacation weeks away from home, a wonderful Birthday party for Willow's 2nd Birthday, a great visit from Papa and Cousin Maddy (aka May May), a fabulous time at the town Labor Day Parade with lots of our friends and we started pre, pre-school (aka shuellll!!) I'll post some new pictures from all of these great times.

Willow has grown so much in every way since I last wrote. She continues to amaze and thrill us. Just yesterday R. said to her, "Every time I look at you I just can't help but smile." And it is so true. Sure, she has her moments. For example, there are certain times when she really, really bucks against authority. Usually this results in her either tossing down an object hard - like a cup or toy or yelling Mahh!! at the top of her lungs and then looking away in disgust. It always passes within a minute or two and sometimes it is still so hard not to laugh. She is also very good at changing the subject when she is being corrected- R. laughed right out loud the other night at dinner when she did this. She is becoming quite the little negotiator. She also loves to switch her answers repeatedly when asked a direct yes or no question - like are you finished with this? She'll say YES! NO! Yes! Yes!! NO-O-O ! she gets a big kick out of that one. Oh and the best is the slow motion No-o-o-o-o-o-oo- with eyes closed while turning her head slowly from one side to the other.

Willow started "school" in early september. She had very little trouble adjusting. From day 1, she walked right into the classroom without looking back. Only once or twice has she called for me or tried to come back out of the class. She loves it. One of her good friends, Mia, is there with her and she has made several other new friends. During the phase in for school the parents stayed in the school (outside the classroom) just in case. I would often peek in and see Willow enjoying a snack or playing on the floor. Once when I peeked, I saw her trying to comfort a little-er girl who was crying and it just melted me. From the beginning, we noticed how wonderfully compassionate our little girl is and I have to say there are few things that I have witnessed in this life that have moved me as much. She is a very giving little spirit.

Willow is pretty much saying all words these days. She repeats the last word of every phrase she hears and has started linking words together. She still loves dancing with us but also really loves dancing by herself now too. Yesterday, Uncle Jack brought his guitar and Willow danced all around while he played - very cute!! She is into pretty much everything I do in the kitchen and has been for a while. She helps me marinate (flipping Tofu pieces), helps her Dad make pancakes, and recently she even baked get well cookies with me for Papa. She kneaded, rolled and cut the cookie dough! She also continues to love nature and all wild creatures. We found a caterpillar recently and we've been tracking him regularly around the yard.

Well, I am out of time for now- she just woke up!! With our school schedule we're down to one nap a day and today it was a short one!!

Willow and Daddy Enjoy Their First Del's Together on Block Island


Here's a clip of the Birthday Party

On the Beach in the Outer Banks

With Friends at the Labor Day Parade

First Day of "School"

Groovin' to the Uncle Jack Version of Grandpa's Lullybye

No comments: