Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Willow Assante-LaBash

Mommy says., "Words are absolutely useless. I cannot even begin to describe this entirely new level of Bliss. Our little Willow Cai Mei is the most adorable, precious, sweet, and pensive little peanut. It is clear that she has not received the best care but we are addressing that. It has only been a short time but we have discovered a bit of her personality and found a few ways to make her giggle. She really makes you work for it and there is a very, very fine line between what is funny and what clearly is NOT!"

Daddy says: "Here she is. Finally! She is the most precious gem in all of Asia. She's beautiful and so sensititive. She needs so much of our care, compassion, physical contact and love. I never thought I could feel the way that I do about my little girl. Michele and I are so fortunate to be touched by her. I will always love my Willow Cai Mei."


Willow Cai Mei says: "Hey everyone! This is me in the picture above about 5 minutes after meeting these people. I have no idea where they came from but they seem to worship me entirely and that's pretty cool. I have discovered that the Dude will hold me and dance with me forever if I just give him this little look like I might cry. And the lady just keeps hugging and kissing me all over which at first I wasn't too keen on but now I like it and I've tried a couple of times to do it back to her. I am getting sleeply so I will write more later when I wake up. Can't wait to meet you all!"

13 comments:

dick said...

Thank you Lord for this beautiful gift of life. Thank you also Lord for the Love and Care she is now getting with her new parents and in the future with family and friends.
Congratulations to Mommy Michele and Daddy Rick. She is just gorgeous. I can’t wait to hold her. When you get tired please give her some hugs for me. I’ll take over when ya’ll get to 16 Wendover.
Love – Papa Dick

Anonymous said...

I have been sitting here for minutes to actually find the words to write and I just keep crying (again). I am so happy for you and I know what a wonderful life you will have as a family. Congratulations! Willow, I hope you can take the kisses- I have a feeling there might be a few more when you come to CT. I can't wait to see you all!
Love, Patti

Allison said...

Speechless!! Happy tears and full of emotion today after seeing the pics of this precious new family member! I can't believe that this is for real. Mike and are just thrilled for you both!! OMG life is so good!!!

Big hugs to all of you! And please tell my niece that we adore her and can't wait to meet her!!

Much love,
Allison & Mike

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I'm at a loss for words. Thanks for trashing my mascara this morning!! She's just beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures. Meg asked this morning if she had a new baby cousin yet. And then she asked if we could name our new (soon to be Harmony replacement) puppy "Cai-Mai-Judy-Labash". :-) (we'll make it a middle name perhaps)

xoxoxo Congratulations - now bring that little darling home so we can love on her!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
I can't tell you how many times I pulled up the blog to look at the pictures since 6 am this morning. I can't thank you enough for posting them. Kelly and I were wondering how Willow is adjusting and how you guys are doing. Please update us when you can. Give Willow kisses for us!
Patti

Jack said...

She is absolutely beautiful!
It may've seemed like forever but she was well worth the wait.
Can't wait to see you all when you get back.

Meg said...

Mere words cannot express . . . I echo Uncle Dick--Thank God for such a blessed gift--her to you and you to her. The pictures are beautiful but what a tease!! Bring her here quickly!! Can you imagine all the love that is waiting for her here? Can you feel it in China? Stock up on the Kleenex!! Much love to you, Mommy and Daddy. Love, love, love, Meg.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

A hope becomes a reality that I never realized would be so touching to me.

I am so happy for you three.

Get home now!

Anonymous said...

As you know my last two weeks have not been good - but now I just bring up this blog and a can't help but smile. Thank you for letting us share in your good fortune and your beautiful baby girl. I can't wait to see you all!
All our love,
N, J, I & L

Ashley and Mike said...

She is beautiful!

Ashley

Kristin Eve said...

This blog is amazing, and so are you guys for doing this. I can't wait for daddy brings daughter to work day!

Kristin Cochran

Elisa said...

It is so amazing to see how Willow is growing and changing. She has such a beautiful smile. It's such a beautiful thing to see Willow with Rick and Michele.
Love,
Aunt Elisa